There are thousands of Christian books published every year in topics ranging from fiction to in-depth theological issues. Out of all of these great books, a small number of the authors have chosen to make the digital version of their Christian books available for a discount or free to give everyone a chance to hear their message.
An even rarer number of the free Christian books have decided to take it one step further and completely front the expense to actually send you a physical printed book by mail. Below is a list of free Christian books, some are ebooks that are super easy to read on your digital devices, and others are paperback books where the author is willing to send you a free book by mail as well as pay for shipping.
Christian Books to Add to Your Reading List
All of the free Christian books on this list are written by authors we respect and know to produce quality products. The quotes next to each book are actual quotes from Amazon reviewers or other verified readers. If you would like to request one of these free books, simply click the text labeled “Request this book>>” and then follow the directions on the corresponding page.
Types of Christian Books
Look through the categories below to find the kind of Christian books you are looking for. Here is a quick access guide to the categories of books below:
Totally Free Christian Books
The books in this section are totally free. The delivery medium varies from pdf to ebook format to printed books sent directly to your physical address.
Free Christian Books #1: The Quit
Book Summary: What does God think about our habit of quitting what He has called us to do? God’s best for our life might be right on the other side of today’s trial.
Join Glyndon Greer, a pastor, author, Youtuber, and former professional quitter as he dives into overcoming our desire to give up.
This book will help you find God’s best on the other side of life’s failures.
Free Christian Books #2: Download 3 Books Immediately
Book Summary: These 3 books were written by Bernie Koerselman from Berean Publishers. Berean Publishers is graciously giving away 3 of their books Rebellion in The Church, The Christian’s Assurance of Salvation, and Who Will Be Saved. Click the link below to receive the epub versions of all 3 books.
Free Christian Books #2: Dive Deep
Book Summary: Are you tired of the non-stop chaos of life? Tired of the constant hurry and stress? Do you long for a deeper relationship with God but don’t know where to start?
In this practical and inspirational book about spiritual growth Timothy Jemly teaches simple tools that will allow you to leave the anxiety and crush of your everyday life behind.
Grow Closer to God Than Ever Before: Download Dive Deep For Free!
Free Christian Books #3: Forever Rich – Seven Scriptural Secrets to Ultimate Financial Fulfillment
Book Summary: A good financial planner can guide you to a secure retirement. Looking at death, however, as the terminal point in your financial plan is the ultimate “grave error.” Jesus has a financial plan that is designed to make you rich forever. His plan provides benefits, not only for this life but also for the one to come. In the eternal future, His financial plan will be acknowledged universally as the wisest path anyone could have followed, and it will reveal as foolish all temporal, financial plans.
This little book written by David Servant contains the seven most important secrets to ultimate financial fulfillment—pearls of biblical wisdom that you can begin to apply immediately—on your path to becoming forever rich.
Free Christian Books #4: Walking Together: A Couples Devotional
Book Summary: Mark and Susan were a great Christian couple I thought would be together for ever. I was shocked when I heard that, after thirty years of marriage, they had decided to go their separate ways. I asked Mark what happened. He said; “I really don’t know; we both just realized one day that we had changed. I didn’t know who she was anymore, and she didn’t know me. I guess it was just too hard for us to start over.”
Change is inevitable. In fact, if you aren’t growing, you are dying. If you don’t make the effort to take your partner with you on the journey, you will wake up one day and find that you are in completely different places. This is especially true of your spiritual life. Walking together is a short five-day couple’s devotional designed to get you and your spouse into the habit of growing together spiritually. Each day includes some discussion questions to get you and your partner to sharing the way that God is leading and speaking to you today. My prayer is that both your marriage and spiritual life will be enriched and blessed by this resource.
Free Christian Books #5: The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun
Book Summary: “An inspirational and heroic story of a radical Christian in the house churches of China. This book is like reading a modern-day version of the Book of Acts. Prepare to be deeply encouraged as well as rudely awakened. An absolute must for the sleeping churches of the west.”
The Heavenly Man is the intensely dramatic story of how God took a young, half-starved boy from a poor village in Henan Province and used him mightily to preach the gospel despite horrific opposition.
Brother Yun is one of China’s house church leaders, a man who despite his relative youth has suffered prolonged torture and imprisonment for his faith. His account challenges any complacency about the situation in China, where international ecumenic investment ignores the brutal fact that religious persecution is still a daily reality for millions. Instead of focusing on the many miracle or experiences of suffering, however, Yun prefers to emphasize the character and beauty of Jesus.
Free Christian Books #6: Tortured for Christ
Book Summary: After years of imprisonment and solitary confinement, enduring inhumane torture, Richard Wurmbrand emerges with a powerful testimony of courageous faith. Even today, believers are suffering and dying for Christ, yet their faith will not falter under the most unthinkable persecutions. In this stirring account, Wurmbrand (founder of The Voice of the Martyrs) encourages us to remember those in chains and equips us to help our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ around the world.
Free Christian Books #7: One Heartbeat Away
Book Summary: Based on actual conversations with lost people, this book will help you anticipate their questions and objections. Why have atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Catholics, prisoners, and soldiers all read One Heartbeat Away and become born again? As best-selling author Mark Cahill suggests, because once you know the truth about the Bible, creation vs. evolution, heaven and hell, sin, and the cross, there is only one logical decision to make. The truth does set you free! Get this book into the hands of family, friends, and strangers and watch the Holy Spirit work wonders in their lives.
Christian Fiction Books
Christian Fiction Book #1: Two Weeks by Karen Kingsbury
Book Summary:Cole Blake, son of Landon and Ashley Baxter Blake, is months away from going off to college and taking the first steps towards his dream—a career in medicine. But as he starts his final semester of high school he meets Elise, a mysterious new girl who captures his attention—and heart—from day one.Elise has her heart set on mending her wild ways and rediscovering the good girl she used to be. But not long after the semester starts, she discovers she’s pregnant. Eighteen and alone, she shares her secret with Cole. Undaunted by the news, and in love for the first time in his life, Cole is determined to support Elise—even if it means skipping college, marrying her, and raising another man’s baby.When Elise decides to place her baby up for adoption, she is matched with Aaron and Lucy Williams, who moved to Bloomington, Indiana to escape seven painful years of infertility.But as Elise’s due date draws near, she becomes focused on one truth: she has two weeks to change her mind about the adoption. With Cole keeping vigil and Lucy and Aaron waiting to welcome their new baby, Elise makes an unexpected decision—one that changes everyone’s plans.Tender and deeply moving, Two Weeks is a story about love, faith, and what it really means to be a family.
- Book Reviews:
Christian Fiction Book #2: The Persian Gamble by Joel C. Rosenberg
Book Summary:Shot out of the air in enemy territory in the middle of the greatest international crisis since the end of the Cold War, former U.S. Secret Service agent Marcus Ryker finds himself facing an impossible task. Not only does he have to somehow elude detection and capture by Russian special forces, but he must convince his own government to grant safe harbor to the one man responsible for the global mayhem―Russian double agent and assassin Oleg Kraskin. While frantically negotiating with his contacts in the White House, Marcus learns that the unstable North Korean regime plans to use the international chaos as a smokescreen to sell nuclear weapons to Iran. With the fate of the entire free world on the line, Marcus makes a deal with the U.S. government―he will go back to work as an international operative and track down the WMDs before they end up in the hands of those with the determination and the means to use them. Marcus and Oleg worked together once before to avert a world war. Can they now find a way to stop world destruction?
Christian Fiction Book #3: The Tinderbox by Beverly Lewis
Book Summary:With her Amish parents’ twentieth anniversary approaching, eighteen-year-old Sylvia Miller stumbles across a surprise–the old brass tinderbox her clockmaker father keeps in his Lancaster County shop has been left unlocked. Against her better judgment, Sylvia opens the cherished heirloom, not realizing that what she is about to discover will splinter apart her happy life.Sylvia’s bewilderment grows when her father confronts her about snooping in the box. To her amazement, the respected convert to the Old Order reacts as if he has something to hide.Burdened by the weight of his deception, Earnest Miller decides he must reveal the details about his past to his beloved wife, Rhoda. The long-kept secret alters everything for the close-knit family, jeopardizing Earnest and Rhoda’s relationship, as well as threatening Sylvia’s recent engagement to the preacher’s grandson.Can the Millers find a way forward through the turmoil to a place of forgiveness and acceptance?
Christian Fiction Book #4: When You Are Near by Tracie Peterson
Book Summary:After her father’s death, Lizzy Brookstone, the star trick rider of the all-female Brookstone Wild West Extravaganza, loses interest in performing. What she longs for is a life with the Brookstone ranch foreman, Wesley DeShazer, the man who once broke her heart. Meanwhile, Jason Adler, son of the show’s new financial partner, comes to help with the show, and Lizzy soon finds him vying for her affection.Ella Fleming is fleeing a forced engagement when she stows away on the Brookstone train. Lizzy finds her and gives her a job in the costume department, but Ella has a dangerous secret that could affect all of their lives, as well as the future of the Brookstone Extravaganza.When Mary Reichert, a former sharpshooter for the show, learns that her brother, August, has been killed at the Fleming farm, she refuses to believe it was an accident. She returns to the show to find the truth, but is she seeking justice or vengeance?As the three women work together to discover how August died, Lizzy strives to hold the show together. Can she keep the Brookstone Extravaganza alive without losing the desire of her heart?
Christian Fiction Book #5: Driftwood Bay by Irene Hannon
Book Summary:After tragedy upends her world, Jeannette Mason retreats to the tiny Oregon seaside town of Hope Harbor to create a new life. Vowing to avoid emotional attachments, she focuses on running her lavender farm and tea-room–until a new neighbor with a destructive dog and a forlorn little girl invades her turf. But she needn’t worry. Dr. Logan West is too busy coping with an unexpected family, a radical lifestyle change, and an unruly pup to have any interest in his aloof and disagreeable neighbor.Yet when both Jeanette and Logan find themselves pulled into the life of a tattered Christian family fleeing persecution in war-torn Syria, might they discover that love sometimes comes calling when it’s least expected?Bestselling and award-winning author Irene Hannon invites readers back to the charming seaside town of Hope Harbor, where they are sure to find peace, healing, and a second chance at happiness.
Non-Fiction Christian Books
Christian Non-Fiction Books #1: Fight Back with Joy by Margaret Feinberg
Book Summary:When Margaret Feinberg learned she had cancer, she knew she would need great strength to overcome it. She believed the weapon she selected for the battle would change everything. And she decided that weapon would be joy.Joy Is More Than Whimsy.It’s the Weapon You Can Use to Fight Life’s Greatest Battles.Through months of treatment, questions, and hopes, Margaret discovered that joy is a far more dynamic force than most of us realize. It has the power to reignite our passion for laughter and celebration. It can free us to rise above endless demands as we become more content and thankful. It can change unchangeable circumstances and bring a peace rooted in the remarkable love of God.Here Margaret shares her journey of using joy to fight back fear, regret, and pain. Whatever you face today, discover with Margaret how to embrace a way of living that’s deeper and fuller than you’ve ever known—a life radiant with joy.
Christian Non-Fiction Books #2: The Crucified Life: How to Live Out a Deeper Christian Experience
Book Summary:What Does it Mean to Be “Crucified With Christ?”During his lifetime, renowned teacher A.W. Tozer was often invited to speak at seminaries, churches, and Bible conferences on the topic of the cross and its meaning for the Christian life. Now, in this never-before-published distillation of his best teaching on the subject, you will gain a fresh understanding of the cross’s centrality to your walk of faith in Christ.The apostle Paul declared in his letter to the Galatians that he had been “crucified with Christ.” But what does this mean? Is this a claim every believer can and should make? The Crucified Life is a comprehensive examination of these questions, answered with the deep, biblical thinking for which Tozer was revered. “God is ingenious in developing crosses for His followers,” Tozer was fond of saying. At the heart of this book, you will find a call to follow Christ to the cross and be raised to new life–a call to live the crucified life.
Christian Non-Fiction Books #3: The Turquoise Table: Finding Community and Connection in Your Own Front Yard by Kristen Schell
Book Summary:A simple way to connect your neighborhood, your community and build friendships.Are you consumed with a busy life but unsure how to slow down? Do you desire connection within your community and think, “Absolutely, but I don’t have time for that” or “I can’t create that”? What if there was another way through it all, a way to find those moments of peace and to create a time for honest, comfortable connection? What if meeting neighbors and connecting with friends was as simple as showing up and being available?Desperate for a way to slow down and connect, Kristin Schell put an ordinary picnic table in her front yard, painted it turquoise, and began inviting friends and neighbors to join her. Life changed in her community and it can change in yours, too. Alongside personal and heartwarming stories, Kristin gives you:Stress-free ideas for kick-starting your own Turquoise TableSimple recipes to take outside and share with othersStories from people using Turquoise Tables in their neighborhoodsEncouragement to overcome barriers that keep you from connectingNew ways to view hospitalityToday, Turquoise Tables are inviting individuals to connect with each other in nearly all fifty states and seven countries. Ordinary people like you wanting to make a difference right where they live.Community and friendship are waiting just outside your front door.
Christian Non-Fiction Books #4: Best Year Ever: A Five-Step Plan for Achieving Your Most Important Goals by Michael Hyatt
Book Summary:We all want to live a life that matters. We all want to reach our full potential. But too often we find ourselves overwhelmed by the day-to-day. Our big goals get pushed to the back burner–and then, more often than not, they get forgotten. New York Times bestselling author Michael Hyatt wants readers to know that it doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, he thinks that this is the year readers can finally close the gap between reality and their dreams.In Your Best Year Ever, Hyatt shares a powerful, proven, research-driven system for setting and achieving goals. Readers learn how to design their best year ever in just five hours- three simple ways to triple the likelihood of achieving their goals- how to quit-proof their goals- what to do when they feel stuck- and much moreAnyone who is tired of not seeing progress in their personal, intellectual, business, relationship, or financial goals will treasure the field-tested wisdom found in these pages.
Christian Non-Fiction Books #5: None Like Him: 10 Ways God Is Different from Us (and Why That’s a Good Thing) by Jen Wilkin
Book Summary:God is self-existent, self-sufficient, eternal, immutable, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, sovereign, infinite, and incomprehensible.We’re not.And that’s a good thing.Our limitations are by design. We were never meant to be God. But at the root of every sin is our rebellious desire to possess attributes that belong to God alone. Calling us to embrace our limits as a means of glorifying God’s limitless power, Jen Wilkin invites us to celebrate the freedom that comes when we rest in letting God be God.
Best-selling Christian Books
Christian Best-selling Book #1: Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
Book Summary:Uniquely inspired treasures from heaven for every day of the year by missionary Sarah Young.Jesus Calling is a devotional filled with uniquely inspired treasures from heaven for every day of the year. After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to listen to God with pen in hand, writing down whatever she believed He was saying to her. It was awkward at first, but gradually her journaling changed from monologue to dialogue. She knew her writings were not inspired as Scripture is, but journaling helped her grow closer to God. Others were blessed as she shared her writings, until people all over the world were using her messages. They are written from Jesus’ point of view, thus the title Jesus Calling. It is Sarah’s fervent prayer that our Savior may bless readers with His presence and His peace in ever deeper measure.
Christian Best-selling Book #2: Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
Book Summary:John Eldredge revises and updates his best-selling, renowned Christian classic, Wild at Heart, and in it invites men to:Recover their masculine heart.See themselves in the image of a passionate god.Delight in the strength and wildness men were created to offer.In this provocative book, Eldredge provides a look inside the true heart of a man and gives men permission to be what God designed them to be—dangerous, passionate, alive, and free.
Christian Best-selling Book #3: 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
Book Summary:In the ten years since 90 Minutes in Heaven was published, millions of people worldwide have read the incredible true story of Don Piper’s experience with death and life–and in reading they have found their own lives changed.After a semi-truck collided with Don Piper’s car, he was pronounced dead at the scene. For the next ninety minutes, he experienced the glories of heaven. Back on earth, a passing minister felt led to stop and pray for the accident victim even though he was told Piper was dead. Miraculously, Piper came back to life, and the pleasure of heaven was replaced by a long and painful recovery.With a personal update from Don on the impact the book has had on him, his family, and the millions who have heard his story, even those who have read the original book will want to be part of the continuing story of 90 Minutes in Heaven with this new edition. Also includes a note from the publisher, stories from readers, favorite Scriptures and quotations on heaven from Don Piper, and a photo insert.
Christian Best-selling Book #4: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Book Summary:In the classic Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis, the most important writer of the 20th century, explores the common ground upon which all of those of Christian faith stand together. Bringing together Lewis’ legendary broadcast talks during World War Two from his three previous books The Case for Christianity, Christian Behavior, and Beyond Personality, Mere Christianity provides an unequaled opportunity for believers and nonbelievers alike to hear this powerful apologetic for the Christian faith.
- Book Reviews:
Christian Best-selling Book #5: Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas
- Book Summary:WHO BETTER TO FACE THE GREATEST EVIL OF THE 20TH CENTURY THAN A HUMBLE MAN OF FAITH?As Adolf Hitler and the Nazis seduced a nation, bullied a continent, and attempted to exterminate the Jews of Europe, a small number of dissidents and saboteurs worked to dismantle the Third Reich from the inside. One of these was Dietrich Bonhoeffer—a pastor and author. In this New York Times best-selling biography, Eric Metaxas takes both strands of Bonhoeffer’s life—the theologian and the spy—and draws them together to tell a searing story of incredible moral courage in the face of monstrous evil. Metaxas presents the fullest accounting of Bonhoeffer’s heart-wrenching decision to leave the safe haven of America to return to Hitler’s Germany, and sheds new light on Bonhoeffer’s involvement in the famous Valkyrie plot and in “Operation 7,” the effort to smuggle Jews into neutral Switzerland. In a deeply moving narrative, Metaxas uses previously unavailable documents?including personal letters, detailed journal entries, and firsthand personal accounts?to reveal dimensions of Bonhoeffer’s life and theology never before seen.
- Book Reviews:
Bibles and Bible Study Guides
Bibles and Bible Study Guides #1: ESV Study bible: English Standard Version by ESV Bibles by Crossway
- Book Summary:Over 1 Million Copies SoldWinner of the ECPA Book of the Year AwardThe ESV Study Bible was designed to help you understand the Bible in a deeper way.Extensive study notes, charts, maps, and articles make this study Bible a valuable resource for serious readers, students, and teachers of God’s Word.- 20,000+ study notes- 80,000+ cross–references- 200+ charts- 50+ articles- 240 full-color maps and illustrations- Size: 6.5″ x 9.25″- 2,752 pages- Single-column Bible text (9-point type); double-column notes (7-point type)- Black letter text- Smyth-sewn binding
- Book Reviews:
Bibles and Bible Study Guides #2: NIV Life Application Study Bible by Tyndale
- Book Summary:The Life Application Study Bible is today’s #1-selling study Bible, containing notes that not only explain difficult passages and give information on Bible life and times, but go a step further to show you how to “take it personally,” as God’s Word speaks to every situation and circumstance of your life! It’s the one Bible resource that incorporates today’s top scholarship in answering your real-life questions and includes nearly 10,000 Life Application notes and features designed to help readers apply God’s truth to everyday life. Text Size is 7.700
- Book Reviews:
Bibles and Bible Study Guides #3: NIV, Quest Study Bible, Hardcover: The Question and Answer Bible by Zondervan
- Book Summary:Find answers to over 7,000 questions about the Bible.Get answers to the Bible questions you have… and questions you haven’t yet pondered! The NIV Quest Study Bible features over 7,000 notes written in an engaging question and answer format that give insight into the common, uncommon, and sometimes perplexing passages from the Bible. You will have the opportunity to consider questions like “Why did God send angels to Jacob?,” “What prevents God from hearing our prayers?,” and “Why does God test us?” as you explore God’s Word using the many study helps.The original Quest Study Bible was conceived in 1989 when two publishing companies, Zondervan and Christianity Today International, worked together to develop a Bible that would answer the challenging questions that arose as people read Scripture. Focus groups around the United States evaluated the usefulness of potential study Bible features and helped select the features that would be included in this Bible. Then, more than 1,000 people received passages of Scripture and were asked, “What questions do you have about this portion of the Bible?” Their responses helped determine what kinds of questions the notes would answer, helping to create a resource that answers the questions that real people have asked about the Bible. Notes have been updated in subsequent releases to ensure that this Bible stays relevant and current to modern readers.Features:Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)Over 7,000 insightful notes arranged in a unique question and answer formatNearly 350 articles investigate the most asked questions about the BibleBook introductions that answer questions about each book, such as “Who wrote it?,” “Why?,” and “What should I look for?”Article index and expanded subject indexSingle-column Scripture text arranged in a modern, two-color page designOver 150 charts, timelines, and mapsA reading plan with three distinct tracks to followNIV Dictionary-Concordance16-page full-color map section9-point type size
- Book Reviews:
There is more information (Articles, Subject Index, Dictionary, Concordance, Indexes to Maps and Charts, Reading Plans and most importantly The Word of God). The Question and Answer Study Bible lives up to its word. It is a great investment “Spiritually speaking.” It’s about the size of a Bible (a little thicker) but it is not oversized or awkward.
Bibles and Bible Study Guides #4: NLT Study Bible by Tyndale
- Book Summary:Ask. Seek. Knock.Receive. Find. Open.“For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” ―Matthew 7:8Explore the Scriptures with almost 50 of today’s top evangelical scholars, including Daniel Block, Barry Beitzel, Tremper Longman, John N. Oswalt, Grant R. Osborne, Norman Ericson, and many more. Every feature in the NLT Study Bible has been created to do more than just impart information. Ask questions, and the NLT Study Bible gives you both the words and the world of the Bible. Seek deeper understanding, and find the meaning and significance of Scripture, not just facts. Knock on the door of God’s Word, and see what doors are opened to you.The New Living Translation makes the message clear. The features of the NLT Study Bible bring the world of the Bible to life so that the meaning and significance of its message shine through.“I enthusiastically recommend the NLT Study Bible for all of my students and to family and friends.” ―Dr. William H. Marty, ThD, Professor of Bible, Moody Bible InstituteFeatures from nearly 50 of today’s most trusted Bible teachers include:300+ theme articles identify and explore the major topics and ideas of the Bible.25,000+ study and textual notes provide background and deeper explanations of words, phrases, verses, and sections.85 introductory articles set the stage for the Old and New Testament and each major Bible section, book, and time period, including the intertestamental period, the time after the apostles, and a harmony of the Gospels. Each book introduction covers background materials including authorship, setting, meaning and message of the book, an outline, recommended resources and more.220+ charts, illustrations, maps, and timelines organize and illuminate important information.200 Greek and Hebrew word studies trace the use of important words throughout the Bible.90+ profiles paint portraits of major figures in the Bible―good and bad.50,000+ cross-references connect related verses.Words of Christ in red.
- Book Reviews:
Bibles and Bible Study Guides #5: The Hebrew-Greek Key Word Study Bible: NIV 1984 Edition by Dr. Spiros Zodhiates and Dr. Warren Patrick Baker D.R.E.
- Book Summary:There are times when a Greek or Hebrew word has a distinct meaning that seriously affects the proper interpretation of Scripture. Unless you are familiar with these languages, you will not be able to determine what word in the original text was used or the differences between these words-until now.The Hebrew-Greek Key Word® Study Bible identifies the key words of the original languages and presents clear, precise explanations of their meaning and usage. Those who love God’s Word will treasure this Bible, for it contains a whole library of biblical helps within its covers.NOW INCLUDED* Wider Margins on Pages of the Bible Text* Key Words in the Biblical Text Coded to Goodrick/Kohlenber Numbers* AMG’s Old and New Testament Word Studies* Red Letter Edition of the NIV Bible
- Book Reviews: