To people of faith, prayer is as important as breathing. It connects us to the very Creator of the universe, the One who gives us life eternally. Sometimes, we feel the urge to connect with God on a stronger level. Praying isn’t a natural action for some, so they need a little help to say what are the right words and to connect more efficiently. Many prayer books have also been written about saints and the many prayers they’ve compiled over the centuries.
What Did These Books Do To Qualify For This List
Any time you are ranking the best of something the results are usually somewhat subjective but we have did our best to come up with a list that the readers interested in prayer will truly like. To come up with this list we took into account:
- quantity and quality of user reviews
- sales data
- public perception
- opinions of readers of this genres
- commercial success
- and of course personal opinion
Here’s our list to prayerfully consider when choosing your next prayer book:
Table of Contents
Best Prayer Books
1) The Power of a Praying Wife by
- Book Summary: Today’s challenges can make a fulfilling marriage seem like an impossible dream. Yet God delights in doing the impossible if only we would ask! Stormie Omartian shares how God can strengthen your marriage as you pray for your husband concerning key areas in his life, including…
- his spiritual walk
- his emotions
- his role as a leader
- his security in work
- his physical protection
- his faith and his future
You will be encouraged by Stormie’s own experiences, along with the Bible verses and sample prayers included in each chapter. Join the millions of women who have been blessed by this life-changing look at the power of a wife’s prayers.
- Book Reviews:
2) Thirty-One Prayers For My Husband: Seeing God Move in His Heart by Jennifer Smith
- Book Summary: My husband and I are advocates for couples praying together, praying for their marriage. When we are encouraging other husbands and wives we stress the importance of prayer. Why? Because the power of prayer transformed us and we want others to experience it! We also decided to write resources that will help teach and challenge a husband and wife pray for each other. We also did this because of the response/need we heard from people expressing how hard prayer can be or that they didn’t know where to start.Thirty-One Prayers For My Husband Was written to help wives pray specifically for different areas of life for their husband. I chose 31-prayers to make sure that every day of the month is covered!
3) Prayers That Rout Demons: Prayers for Defeating Demons and Overthrowing the Powers of Darkness by
- This book contains powerful warfare prayers and decrees taken from Scripture that will break the powers of darkness and release the blessings and favor of God. This prayer tool includes an introduction to spiritual warfare and biblical principles for praying to overcome demonic influence and oppression.
Readers will learn specifically how to release the fire of the living God to:
· Heal the sick
· Cast out demons
- Book Reviews:
4) Thirty-One Prayers For My Wife: Seeing God Move In Her Heart by Aaron Smith
- Book Summary: This book of 31 marriage prayers is purposed to encourage and guide you as you pray for specific aspects of your wife’s life and character. My hope is that this marriage resource motivates you to intentionally pray and petition for your wife and your marriage on a daily basis through the power of prayer. There is even free writing space for you to add your own thoughts and prayers to each marriage prayer, to make them your own, and to lift up specific prayer requests your wife may have. I urge you to consider the importance of being a husband of faithful prayer, to commit to praying for your wife and marriage daily, and watch God move in both your hearts! If you have been blessed by the marriage book, “Power of a Praying Husband by Stormie Omartian”, you will also be inspired by 31 Prayers For My Wife.
- Book Reviews:
5) 31 Prayers For My Future Husband: Preparing My Heart for Marriage by Praying for Him by Jennifer and Aaron Smith
- Book Summary: 31 Prayers For My Future Husband was written for single women who desire the intimacy of marriage, women currently in a serious relationship, and women who are engaged planning for their special day! This is a great resource to help teenagers purpose their hearts for what God has for their future marriage or anyone else who feels strongly about getting married and cares for the heart of their future spouse.
6) To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings by
- Book Summary: From the author of the bestselling Anam Cara comes a beautiful collection of blessings to help readers through both the everyday and the extraordinary events of their lives.
John O’Donohue, Irish teacher and poet, has been widely praised for his gift of drawing on Celtic spiritual traditions to create words of inspiration and wisdom for today. In To Bless the Space Between Us, his compelling blend of elegant, poetic language and spiritual insight offers readers comfort and encouragement on their journeys through life. O’Donohue looks at life’s thresholds—getting married, having children, starting a new job—and offers invaluable guidelines for making the transition from a known, familiar world into a new, unmapped territory. Most profoundly, however, O’Donohue explains “blessing” as a way of life, as a lens through which the whole world is transformed.
7) The Power of a Praying Husband by Stormie Omartian
- Book Summary: In The Power of a Praying® Husband, you’ll find the excitement and hope that come from inviting the God who hears and answers prayer into your marriage. Packed with real-life examples and refreshing honesty regarding her own marriage, Stormie encourages you to lovingly intercede for your wife in every area of her life, including her
- Book Reviews:
8) Complete Guide to Bible Journaling: Creative Techniques to Express Your Faith (Design Originals) Includes 270 Stickers, 150 Designs on Perforated Pages, and 60 Designs on Translucent Sheets of Vellum by
- In Complete Guide to Bible Journaling, world renowned artist Joanne Fink and her talented co-author Regina Yoder explain the basics of this beautiful art form that connects faith with creativity.
Inside, you’ll learn all about the wonderfully fulfilling benefits of Bible Journaling and get helpful advice on choosing Scripture and the types of Bibles and journals to use, plus how to do a variety of techniques which will allow you to express your faith in a creative manner. The how-to section covers lettering, drawing, coloring, painting, embellishing with stamps, stickers and stencils, and so much more!
9) Deliverance Prayers: For Use by the Laity by
- Book Summary: Prayers for use by the laity in waging spiritual warfare from the public domain and the Church’s treasury. The book has an imprimatur from the Archdiocese of Denver.
- Book Reviews:
10) Valley of Vision (Leather): A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions Edited by: by
- Book Summary: The strength of Puritan character and life lay in prayer and meditation. In this practice the spirit of prayer was regarded as of first importance and the best form of prayer, for living prayer is the characteristic of genuine spirituality. Yet prayer is also vocal and may therefore on occasions be written. Consequently in the Puritan tradition there are many written prayers and meditations which constitute an important corpus of inspiring devotional literature. Too often ex tempore prayer lacks variety, order and definiteness. The reason for this lies partly in a neglect of due preparation. It is here that the care and scriptural thoroughness which others found necessary in their approach to God may be of help. This book has been prepared not to ‘supply’ prayers but to prompt and encourage the Christian as he treads the path on which others have gone before.
- Book Reviews:
(BCP) Book of Common Prayer
The Book of Common Prayer get’s it’s own section and rightfully so. It is used by millions around the world on a daily basis which has been the case for hundreds of years.
The Book of Common Prayer
- Book Summary: This source of strength and solace for millions of Christian clergy and laypeople throughout the world can be a companion for your own spiritual journey.For centuries, Christians of different traditions and seekers from various backgrounds have found strength for their spiritual journey in the Book of Common Prayer (BCP). First composed in 1549 by Thomas Cranmer, Henry VIII’s Archbishop of Canterbury, the BCP, alongside Shakespeare’s works and the King James Bible, helped shape the English language. Today almost eighty million Anglican Christians throughout the world use the BCP in public worship, and countless people―Anglican and otherwise―use it in their private devotional life.In this unique presentation of selections―organized by themes such as “Blessings in Times of Joy and Pain,” “Called to Serve” and “Praise and Petition”―with facing-page commentary, C. K. Robertson offers fascinating insights into the history and heritage of the BCP. He also makes available the riches of this spiritual treasure chest for all who are interested in deepening their life of prayer, building stronger relationships and making a difference in the world.
- Book Reviews:
Best Prayer Movies
The Real Power of Prayer
Devotional prayer is our solemn communion with God. It is an act of worship, contrition, praise, or thanksgiving. Whether preformed by sinners or saints, if it comes from the heart, the power of prayer may prove to be a powerful gift, indeed.
Prayer Never Fails
When a high school basketball coach is fired for praying with one of his players, he follows God’s calling and hires an agnostic, gambling lawyer to file a lawsuit. Starring Corbin Bernsen, Lorenzo Lamas, and Eric Roberts.
Directed by: Jay Rosenblatt
One response to the events of September 11, 2001.
Movie Reviews: (no reviews yet)
Best Prayer Audio Books
Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God by Timothy Keller, Sean Pratt, et al.
Christians are taught in their churches and schools that prayer is the most powerful way to experience God. But aside from learning prayers by rote, few receive instruction or guidance in how to make the most of this essential Christian act – how to make prayer genuinely meaningful. In Prayer, renowned pastor Timothy Keller delves into the many facets of this everyday act.
The Battle Plan for Prayer: From Basic Training to Targeted Strategies by Stephen Kendrick, Alex Kendrick, et al.
The Battle Plan for Prayer begins with prayer’s core purpose, its biblical design, and its impact throughout history. Listeners will be guided scripturally through the fundamentals of how effective prayer works, inspired toward a closer, more intimate relationship with God, and shown how to develop specific prayer strategies for each area of life. Prayer can accomplish what a willing God can accomplish. It should be your first plan of attack in all of life’s battles, not your last resort. If you want to experience the joy of mightily answered prayer, then it’s time to engage with God at another level.
Prayers That Rout Demons by John Eckhardt, Tim Lundeen, et al.
Prayers That Rout Demons combines powerful prayers with decrees taken from Scripture to help you overcome demonic influence and opposition in your life. It includes an introduction to spiritual warfare and biblical principles for praying along with specific declarative warfare prayers for every circumstance. Discover how to release the fire of the living God to preach, prophesy, heal the sick, and cast out demons. Prayers That Rout Demons is your reference handbook for defeating the devil. Break the powers of darkness and release the blessings and favor of God in your life today!
Throne Room Prayer: Praying with Jesus on the Sea of Glass: The Passion Translation by Brian Simmons, Candice Simmons, et al.
The day will come when each of us will stand before God in his throne room. Many of the prophets from the Bible have seen the throne room and have shared their observations with us. The book of Revelation specifically gives us stunning insight into what God’s glorious throne room is all about. Understanding prayer from within the throne room will change how you pray and how you live.
Best Prayer Podcasts
It’s nice to hear a prayer any where.Amazon Reviewer
When I listen to this I feel God moving me. and tears come to my eyes. I know God is a good God Amen because he is always with us in our time of need. AmenAmazon Reviewer
Awesome heart felt prayers in thisAmazon Reviewer